FEMA has developed a standardized Elevation Certificate form that is used to gather elevation data for the purpose of accurately assessing flood risks to structures located in Flood Hazard Zones. An Elevation Certificate must be prepared and certified by a Pennsylvania licensed Land Surveyor. An Elevation Certificate contains:
- Accurate determination of Flood Zone and Base Flood Elevation (BFE)
- Geographic location of structure (latitude & longitude)
- Ground elevations adjacent to structure foundation
- Type of structure and foundation system
- Elevation of lowest storage level (crawlspace, basement, slab, ...