CIVIL ENGINEER- ENTRY LEVEL (posted 8/15/19)
The Civil Engineer- Entry Level position will be responsible to work on all phases of civil/municipal engineering including grading design, roadway design, stormwater management systems design, water and sanitary sewer design, and erosion and sediment control design. This individual will apply basic to intermediate engineering principles to complete design computations, prepare written technical reports, design plans, and details.
- Knowledge of engineering standards and practices.
- Computer skills in industry-standard software (AutoCAD Civil 3D), Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with survey data collection and processing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong planning, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- FE/EIT certification preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field of study
- 0-3 years of experience; Relevant internships, co-ops or practical work experience
To apply: Send resume, cover letter (optional), and transcripts to “Dennis Peters, Principal” at email@example.com or contact 570-752-4433 for more details.
SENIOR CIVIL ENGINEER (posted 8/14/19)
Peters Consultants, Inc. (PCI) is looking for an experienced engineer to join our team! This is a full-time position out of our Berwick, PA office. A successful candidate will have experience in:
- Site design, bidding, permitting and construction phase services for development projects in the municipal, institutional, industrial, commercial, residential and utilities/energy markets; planning and design of potable water system improvements including source of supply (groundwater and surface water), waterlines, transmission lines, storage tanks, booster/pump stations and treatment facilities; wastewater facilities planning, design, bid document preparation and construction phase for new systems and rehabilitation of existing systems.
- Public presentations, legislative testimony and the presentation of technical issues at workshops, business organizations, government agencies, and public meetings.
- Conducting engineering studies to determine the effectiveness, efficiency, and economy of established on projects; analyzes and evaluates information, identifies current or potential problems, develops methods to reduce cost or improve productivity/response or similar positive changes or required revisions.
- Preparing cost estimates and technical specifications as well as conducting pre-bid and pre-construction meetings.
- Project management and client interactions; Candidates should be able to efficiently plan and organize workload, demonstrate success working with a team of professionals, have a commitment to quality, good communication skills, and a positive work ethic.
- Experience in the water and wastewater treatment, site development, aviation, higher education or transportation industries is a plus.
- Stormwater planning, design, and construction phase services.
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D Design Tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong planning, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university
- 4-6 years of experience related to civil engineering experience
- Professional Engineering License
- Valid PA Driver’s license
Resumes can be submitted to “Dennis Peters, Principal” at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact 570-752-4433 for more details.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement: Peters Consultants, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.