FEMA Firefighter/EMS Grants Application
Period to Open in October –
Let Peters Consultants, Inc.
Assist YOU in the Process
Local fire departments and emergency services organizations may now apply for funding from the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s Assistance to Firefighters Grant (AFG).
Applicant eligibility includes fire departments, non-affiliated emergency medical services organizations, and state fire training academies.
Three types of grants are offered through the program. Applicants may file under multiple categories, which include:
- Operations and safety, including training, equipment, personal protective gear, wellness and fitness programs, and facility modification to enhance safety
- Vehicle acquisition, with high priority given to non-transport, non-affiliated EMS vehicles for community paramedic services
- Joint/regional projects, which are large-scale projects for any number of AFG-eligible organizations
All AFG grantees are subject to cost share requirements based on populations, and matching funds must be cash. Population categories and the required match are as follows:
- Populations under 20,000: 5 percent of the grant total
- Populations between 20,000 and 1 million: 10 percent of the grant total
- Populations greater than 1 million: 15 percent of the grant total
Let our certified Project Manager assist your organization with the grants application process. Contact Angela Slusser by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or in our Berwick office at (570) 752-4433.
For more information, go to www.fema.gov/assistance-firefighters-grant or call the AFG help desk toll-free at 866-274-0960.
Information provided by Pennsylvania Borough News, October 2014.